Have you ever wondered how you can remain ethical while you plot to beat the heck out of the competition? Here is where you find out.

Welcome to the Christian Executive Website.
The Christian Executive is a senior management text providing conventional management solutions supported by specific religious documentation to demonstrate the compatibility of Christianity and other religions with economic success and illustrate that business ethics is a function of a higher authority than legal expediency.

This website contains excerpts from
The Christian Executive.


The Christian Executive © 1998 Ronald Rainson
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.

Use of Consultants

EXCERT from The Christian Executive © 1998 by Ronald Rainson:

When you decide you need some outside advice, recall Nebuchadnezzar's request of his advisors.

Daniel 2:3-5
(3) he said to them, "I have had a dream that troubles me and I want to know what it means." (4) Then the astrologers answered the king in Aramaic, "O king, live forever! Tell your servants the dream, and we will interpret it." (5) The king replied to the astrologers, "This is what I have firmly decided: If you do not tell me what my dream was and interpret it, I will have you cut into pieces and your houses turned into piles of rubble. (NIV)

Today it might go something like:

He said to the consultants, "I have had some ideas about my company that trouble me and I want to know what they mean." Then the consultants answered the CEO, "O CEO, may our contract go on forever! Tell your consultants the ideas and we will give them back to you in a report." The CEO replied to the consultants, "This is what I have firmly decided: If you do not tell me what my ideas should be, I will get another consultant."

In fairness to Consultants, they can provide two important services, expertise and impartiality. Expertise is important; neutrality is vital. A good consultant can offer you a unique perspective based on their training and experience but, more importantly, they can offer something very difficult to find internally - objective advice. Think of the kingdoms and companies that could have been saved by a little candor and objectivity.

Please remember; however, that what consultants offer is advice; not orders. I've seen many very good managers hire consultants and do exactly what the consultants told them to do.

You're a good manager and if you are also a good leader, you will embrace the candor and take the advice but use it to make your own decisions. That's not to say that you won't often agree with the consultant, but you must remember to compare that input to your own experience and make your own decisions.

© 1998 Ronald Rainson
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.